Charities can sometimes access reduced insurances through organisations that they are affiliated to, otherwise using the services of an insurance broker can be useful to help find good rates. Your organisation is required by law to protect its assets and resources. You many need to take advice on how to protect its money, property and reputation. 

Types of insurances you may need to think about are:

  • Public indemnity

  • Building and Contents Insurance

  • Event Insurance

  • Employee Absence

  • Car or vehicle insurance

  • Trustee Insurance

Key points:

  • Insurance is essential for protecting your assets and resources

  • You may need specialist advice

  • If you change what you do you will have to check on changes to your insurance

Links for more information

Guidance and Good Practice for Charities.

Insurance - SCVO Charity Guidance 
SCVO Information on Charity Insurance

How to Insure your charity - (England and Wales so use with caution for advice)